|Burnt trucks are seen on July 20, 2012 at the Syrian border crossing building between Syria and Turkey at Jarablus, which fell into rebel hands on Thursday after security forces pulled out.|
(Haaretz) After Syrian rebels allegedly robbed 30 trucks carrying goods from Turkey into Syria, Turkish officials announced the closure Saturday of a Syrian-Turkish border crossing.
The crossing at Cilvegozu would be shuttered in response to the attack, said Celalettin Lekesiz, governor of the Turkish state of Hatay. He said it was unclear when the crossing would reopen.
Nine trucks were set on fire in the attack. Food and medicine were stolen from other trucks, the drivers of which had been waiting days at the crossing.