A burnt bus is seen at Bulgaria's Burgas airport July 18, 2012. Three people were killed and over 20 injured by an explosion on a bus carrying Israeli tourists outside the airport of the Black Sea city of Burgas on Wednesday. The mayor of the city, on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast, said the bus was carrying Israeli tourists, but the police could not immediately confirm the nationality of the tourists. Police said several other buses at the site had been damaged. (Reuters Pictures)
(Fox News) Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is promising a strong reaction after an attack on Israeli tourists that he says was carried out by Iran.
A bus carrying mostly Israeli youth in a Bulgaria exploded near an airport Wednesday, killing 7 people and wounding at least 30 others, local police and hospital officials say. Witnesses told Israeli media that the huge blast occurred soon after someone boarded the vehicle.
Bulgarian media is reporting that one of the victims killed is a local tour guide.
The incident took place in the Black Sea resort city of Burgas, some 250 miles east of the capital, Sofia. Images shown on Israeli media showed smoke billowing from the scene -- a parking lot at the area's airport where tourists had apparently just landed.
Netanyahu said "all signs point to Iran."
This "is an Iranian terror attack that is spreading across the world," Netanyahu said. "Israel will react strongly to Iran's terror."
Burgas Mayor Dimitar Nikolov told Haaretz that explosives were placed in the back of the bus.
The attack comes on the anniversary of a 1994 attack on a Jewish center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, that killed 85 people. Just this morning, relatives of the victims implored the Argentine government to pressure Iran to turn over seven suspects accused in that attack.
WH condemns attack on Israeli teens in Bulgaria "in strongest possible terms" just as it will condemn #Israel if lifts a finger 2 retaliate!
— Barbara McMahon (@southsalem) July 18, 2012
Channel 2: #Bulgaria news agency reports those wounded in #Burgas blast include eleven-year-old boy, two pregnant women.
— Avi Mayer (@avimayer) July 18, 2012
Bulgarian Interior Minister: 'Planned, coordinated attack against an Israeli target, both Israelis + Bulgarians killed'.— Ron M. (@Jewtastic) July 18, 2012