Saturday, August 5, 2017

UK: The intolerance of politically correct do-gooders

(London)  A few years ago I went back to school and undertook a degree. As a mature student , I decided to give something back and so became a student rep. At one meeting which was held at lunch time, my friend and I entered the room and whilst he proceeded to avail himself of the free food laid on, I simply sat down and worked on my notes. A few minutes later, I heard him exclaim "F-ing ask him" on turning round I noted the chair of the meeting walking over to me, where she asked me, why I wasn't eating. I replied, "I had Breakfast, not hungry" She in turn replied, "So you are not observing  'Ramadan?"  to which I replied: "Why should I, I'm church of England"

It transpires that on seeing me sit down and not partake of the free food, the Chair had gone around the room making everybody return their plates and refrain from eating until she bumped into my friend, who quite rightly told where to go. At a stroke without even asking me, she had pissed off everybody by being politically correct when there was no need to be. If my friend hadn't had stood his ground that stance would have polarised people against me over no fault of my own.

This week the National Trust in the UK decided to enforce onto its volunteers, that they would all have to wear rainbow coloured badges or else they would be removed. Let me repeat that.  The National Trust in the UK decided to enforce onto its volunteers, that they would all have to wear rainbow coloured badges or else they would be removed. Well that didn't go down well for the National Trust and after a huge backlash they have now had to reverse their diktat after hods of negative publicity. 

Isn't it ironic that the very people who scream the loudest over equality for all, are more than happy to become what they claim to hate the most in which to be PC. Welcome to the fascism of the politically correct.