Saturday, July 22, 2017

Never judge a book by its cover: A very short anti racist film

Last year, I finished work and on my way home, I grabbed something to eat from the local Chinese takeaway. Whilst I was ordering, I noticed the bloke stood next to me staring at me. Once I sat down, I thought what the hell and said to him:
"You seemed surprised that I spoke English?"
He looked at me and replied:
"At least I have somewhere to live, you have nowhere and carry everything in that rucksack."
I smiled and without raising my voice replied:
"In my daysack is my uniform, I have just finished work and decided to walk home. I own my own home, it was paid for over 10 years ago. I'm also a Sgt Maj in the British Army and I have earned 6 medals. How many have you got?"
His face was a right picture and all he could reply with was:
"My dad was in the RAF during the war."
Fucking idiot tried to play the superior race card and was shot down fast order. What is it with people and judging a book by its cover? I didn't bother telling him I have also represented the UK at Ju-Jitsu and Karate.

Anyway, here's a short film about judging a book by its cover.