Sunday, November 29, 2015

3rd intifada: Israel under terror (November 29, 2015)












































(JPost) Hisorai Taplaya, the 30-year-old woman who was stabbed Sunday morning in a terror attack in Jerusalem, recalled the incident from her point of view, recalling how she was extremely scared but could not find anyone around to help her.

The foreign worker from Nepal, who will be celebrating her 31st birthday on Monday, described how she was waiting for a bus on the capital's Yermiyahu Street, listening to music with headphones. There were not many people on the street at the time of the attack, she recounted.

"He passed by me, a young guy, and he put a knife or something in me," Taplaya said. "He ran away and I couldn't find anyone to help me, so I had to cross the street where there was a bus."

"I was very scared. First and foremost, I wanted someone to help me," she said. A bus driver assisted Taplaya as she was bleeding heavily from the stab wound to her back, calling police and and paramedics to the scene.

"I sat on the bus and lost a lot of blood," she said.

Taplaya said that she knew immediately the stabbing was a terror attack based on the recent slew of similar incidents.

She sustained moderate wounds from the attack and was evacuated to Jerusalem's Shaare Zedek Medical Center in for medical treatment.

Following the stabbing, a manhunt ensued in the area until the suspect, a 17-year-old Palestinian resident of the West Bank, was found and admitted that he was connected to the incident, according to Israel Police.