Thursday, October 29, 2015

Saudi prince: 'I will support Israel in an intifada with the Palestinians'

(i24news) According to the Kuwaiti daily Al Qabas, Saudi Prince al-Waleed bin Talal said on Tuesday that he would support Israel in an intifada and that Saudi Arabia must reconsider its regional commitments and devise a new strategy to combat Iran's increasing influence in the Gulf by forging a defense pact with the Jewish state.

"I will side with the Jewish nation and its democratic aspirations in case of outbreak of a Palestinian intifada and I shall exert all my influence to break any ominous Arab initiatives set to condemn Tel Aviv, because I deem the Arab-Israeli entente and future friendship necessary to impede the dangerous Iranian encroachment," Kuwaiti News Agency (KUNA) quoted Prince al-Waleed as saying.

"The whole Middle East dispute is tantamount to matter of life and death for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from my vantage point, and I know that Iranians seek to unseat the Saudi regime by playing the Palestinian card. Therefore to foil their plots, Saudi Arabia and Israel must bolster their relations and form a united front to stymie Tehran's ambitious agenda," Al Qabas quoted the Saudi media tycoon as saying during a regional tour to gain support for Saudi-backed rebels in Syria.

More...