Friday, October 30, 2015

3rd intifada: Israel under terror (October 30, 2015)




‘I came to defend Israel,’ says immigrant cop who shot attackers
French-born policewoman who stopped stabbings at Tapuah Junction hailed as a hero for preventing ‘a big disaster’

A young French immigrant serving in the Border Police was praised by commanders and local leaders on Friday after shooting two Palestinian assailants as they tried to stab her and a second policeman in the West Bank.

The head of Samaria Regional Council, Yossi Dagan, who arrived at the scene and spoke with the corporal, said that the officer had told him: “This is why I came to Israel. To defend the nation.”

The two men attempted to stab Cpl. A and her partner as they inspected vehicles at the Tapuah Junction. According to a police statement, the attackers arrived at the intersection on a motorcycle, dismounted and advanced towards the officers with knives in hand.

Dagan called Cpl. A “a hero” for preventing “a big disaster.”

“I realized that if I hesitated for a second the policeman beside me would no longer be alive,” Cpl. A told the press afterwards. “I didn’t think twice. I cocked my weapon and shot them.”

One of the Palestinians was killed while the other was critically injured, according to police. The Border Policemen were not hurt.
She just needs to improve on her shooting skills so that there will be no wounded terrorists.