Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Muslim man takes Air Canada to court because they asked him questions on six occasions

(Canada) Mohamed Yaffa has taken to court Air Canada, because he claims to have developed health and employment problems after being subjected to extra questioning six times before boarding Air Canada flights.

Before any hearing, the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal has ordered the airline to confirm whether it trains staff to consider human rights and cultural sensitivity in its security procedures. Air Canada had resisted such disclosure on the grounds the procedures are governed by law. They also ordered Mr Yaffa, to disclose his medical records and human resources file.

I don't know why but something tells me this whole case could be settled on that last snippet. Christ, in this day and age of terrorists targeting aircraft, who the hell can complain about being questioned? I myself have no problem being taken to task for why I am flying, not even when I have no shoes, belt or even watch on. On that note, I had to laugh at this statement from Mr Yaffa who has never been denied boarding an aircraft.
“It was very humiliating, It takes over your mind … You don’t know your crime.”
Well, seeing as he has never been denied boarding an aircraft, he hasn't been accused of any crime, it's routine for everybody and as simple as that.